TA Resources

TA Resources :: Design :: Graphics Discussion :: Vegan refugee struggling to find a home - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
No
;Avatar

About Me:
Hi, I'm geemong, and have 11 posts, I joined on the  . Unfortunately I am currently Offline. You can get in touch with me by going to my profile.
Vegan refugee struggling to find a home (30th May 22 at 5:38am UTC)
Vegan refugee struggling to find a home

A woman who fled Ukraine has said she feels "isolated" after failing to find a vegan-friendly host.

ดาวน์โหลด SLOTXO We believe that each player will have a familiar game, with familiarity here, possibly in the form of a game theme or a pay-off nature.

Oksana Kopanitsyna said being in the same room as someone eating or preparing meat was like "someone was cutting a child in front of you".

Now living in a bed and breakfast in Ystrad Mynach, Caerphilly county, she said her beliefs were being tested as she looks for her own place to live.

The charity Vegan Society said this problem was not uncommon.

Oksana was living in Kyiv when she decided it was no longer safe to stay and began her long journey through Europe to the UK.

She left her family, her job and her friends behind due to the war.

Her grandparents had told her stories of starvation from the past, and when supermarket shelves began to empty, she became "very scared".

She is dependent on medication and began her journey to Wales in early March, spending nights on train station floors, camping and sleeping on people's sofas.

Oksana wants to work and rent her own home, but while waiting for a bank account and job responses, she said she had no choice but to live in the accommodation provided for her.

Printable View